During this period of remote learning, the Presenter Coach is one way students can continue to work on their presentation skills in a supported environment.
The PowerPoint Online feature empowers students to access instant, personalised feedback on their presentation skills, providing on screen guidance in relation to pacing, fluency and use of language. Real time feedback prompts the reader as they go through each slide and once finished, they are provided with a 'Rehearsal Report' that summarises their feedback into one easy to read report. An incredible tool for students to independently revise and develop their presentation skills.
Currently this feature is only available in PowerPoint Online and can be accessed following the below steps:
1. Login to Office 365 here
2. Open a PowerPoint presentation
3. Click on the 'Slideshow' tab in the top ribbon
4. Click 'Rehearse with coach'. This will open your presentation in a full screen window. Make sure you allow access to your microphone if prompted to do so
5. In the bottom right corner select 'Start rehearsing' from the pop up box and choose whether you want to view real time feedback
6. If you have selected real time feedback, you'll notice that the pop up will provide feedback as you progress through your slides. This includes feedback on pace and fillers such as 'um' and 'ah'
7. Once completed you will receive a detailed Rehearsal Report with feedback and recommendations. Note your feedback or 'Rehearse Again' to improve on your presentation skills.